Disclosure: As a member of Netflix’s Stream Team, I *usually* get to highlight their streaming awesomeness. But this month? I’m highlighting some questionable behavior. Although I’m compensated, all thoughts, opinions, and unethical husbands are entirely my own.
Whoo boy, do you people have feelings.
I asked a simple question- or rather a few simple questions- and learned some things about you guys. When it comes to Netflix “cheating,” or the act of continuing on in a season sans your viewing buddy, the majority of you were pretty a-ok with a few minor transgressions.
Here was my poll and the subsequent results:
Would you ever feel good about moving to the next episode without your Netflix buddy?
- Yep, time is short and so’s my patience.
- Cheating is wrong, sinner.
Give me a scenario when it might be forgivable to tear through a season solo, regardless of your commitment to streaming solidarity
- He keeps falling asleep mere minutes into each episode. (Looking at you, P.J.)
- It’s more “my” show than “ours,” really.
- Never. There are no such scenarios, heathen.
Would you inform your partner of your transgression?
- Yes…if I got caught.
- Nope. And I’d play dumb for an entire season of rewatching if I had to.
- We keep it really casual. She’d understand and go play the field (er, list) herself.
- I don’t even know you anymore.
What series are you plowing through right now?
- The Crown
- Stranger Things
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- The Get Down
- What, I should tell you so you can go ahead and watch without me?
So…I guess what it comes down to is…we’re cool? With pretty much anything? The rules are there ain’t no rules? Noted. And hey, feel like chiming in? I’d love to hear from you, even though the Facebook poll has been tallied. Comment below and let me know how you really feel- it’s super useful information.
(Whose husband also took this poll.)
(And answered that he’d play dumb for an entire season if he had to.)