Listen, it’s Wednesday, you’re sitting there, and you’re all like- It’s only Wednesday. I understand.
So here are some blogs just perfect for mid-week readin’.
Procrastination At Its Finest:
- Last Thursday, I tapped out. Yet wrote a post about it. I even eye-roll at myself, people.
- I attempted to make Throwback Monday a thing. (Also, you need this picture frame.)
- June’s Moms in the Mix blog concerned the very pressing issue of picnicking and why you (me) should stop being so darned lazy about it.
- I was featured in this nostalgic article over at AllParenting (and now totally want to go play outside).
And oohwhee, Chicagoland, Make Music Chicago is a glorious thing which you need to know about. From sunup to sundown on Saturday, June 21st (in 60 locations across the greater Chicago area and in 700 locations worldwide!), musicians will be performing in public spaces. The performers range from amateurs to students to professionals- but all of the events are free. Some are participatory and tailor-made for your kid to bang, thwack, and whistle along, and others are more chill and picnic-worthy. Here are some of my favorites:
- Lincoln Park Zoo- Quintet Attacca’s Peter and the Wolf, 10:30-11:30am
- Old Town School of Folk Music- Youth Music Program Saturday Jam & Busking performances, 12-2pm
- Daley Plaza- Suzuki Play-Along, 2-3pm
- Taylor Park (Bronzeville)- IMW AllStars, 11:30-12:30pm
So go celebrate the longest day of the year with the international Fete de la Musique– and check all the listings at www.makemusicchicago.com.
I know you’ve been looking for an excuse to whip out that ol’ grade school recorder.
Who plays You Are My Sunshine like a demon.